Cheryl Berkowitz reimagined the New York City subway map as a menorah, creating a unique Hanukkah greeting card for the New York Transit Museum and the xAnalytica Holiday Graphic for 2016:
(If you squint just right and count all the bridges, you do in fact come up with nine lines connecting Brooklyn to lower Manhattan). Runner up was the Economist’s Advent Calendar of info/data graphics.
xAnalytica’s Happy Holidays Graphics from previous years:
- 2015: Have a Data-Driven Christmas (from the IBM Big Data and Analytics Hub)
- 2014: Bitter Christmas (from the HappyPlace Blog)
- 2013: This Christmas, Say it with Minerals (from the National Mining Association)
- 2012: Advent Calendar (from the Economist)
- 2011: Graphical Analysis of Christmas (from xkcd)